RochelLeah's RealLife

Friday, December 09, 2005

Things to Look Forward to...

As I am entering into this last little bit of the semester, I had to take a breather today. This past week has been exceptionally busy, both with work (school and otherwise) and socially--two of my great friends were in town... one for her grandmother's multi-event funeral, one on a conference. Regardless, my grand plan to complete at least one of the two questions on my sociology take-home exam did not materialize. Instead, today was filled with crossword puzzles, yoga (I feel totally out of shape), and straightening up the apartment. I may not have been as productive as I would have liked to have been, but I feel pretty good.

I have decided that, once again, I will see as many movies as possible during my long winter break. Here is the overly ambitious, needing-to-be-pared-down list. You can learn about them at the New York Times (Current Movies) site.

  • Brokeback Mountain
  • Breakfast on Pluto
  • Good Night and Good Luck
  • A History of Violence
  • Paradise Now
  • Shopgirl
  • Syriana
  • Wallace and Grommit
I'm not sure how many of these are (still) playing in the area.

I am also seriously considering (1) seeing Harry Potter and Goblet of Fire again, and (2) seeing Pride and Prejudice. I had mocked the idea of Keira Knightly as Elizbeth Bennett, but I may have to eat my words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home