RochelLeah's RealLife

Monday, September 26, 2005

20 Things I Wish I Could Do, but Can't (Yet)

(NOTE: I wrote this a while ago but left it in draft form for reasons I cannot remember...)

A friend (who won't be mentioned due to the privacy of her post) inspired me to start considering all the things that I cannot do that make me feel inadequate. I'm not talking about character flaws, but rather learned skills.

Thus, I "outing" myself as inadequate in the following ways:
1. I cannot ride a bicycle.
2. I have not yet learned when to shut up.
3. I cannot ride a skate board or roller blades.
4. I am an unskilled ballroom and swing dancer.
5. I knit slowly.
6. I have a hard time managing paper--like mail, notes, etc.
7. My spoken Hebrew is currently pathetic despite former fluency.
8. I read modern Hebrew really slowly.
9. I have not yet mastered the proper formatting of research papers, as outlined in The Chicago Manual of Style.
10. I cannot hand sew well enough to fix the fallen hems of several pairs of pants I own.
11. I cannot operate a sewing machine.
12. I am really unskilled with the proper melodies for prayer (I can't sort out all the different musical systems for the different times of day and festive days in traditional Judaism).
13. I lack many basic financial and money-management skills.
14. I am only now learning HTML. And I can only do a few things with it, so far.
15. I cannot build my own computer.
16. I cannot remember the names of all the weekly Torah readings, in order.
17. I can no longer speak Spanish.
18. I cannot skillfully debone and skin a fish.
19. I cannot build my own bookshelves. (Pre-fab doesn't count.)
20. I play DDR really badly.

1 Comments:

  • I can probably help (or provide moral support) with 1, the blades part of 3, 5, 10, 11, 14, 15 and 20.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home