RochelLeah's RealLife

Monday, September 26, 2005

How much work can one woman do for two classes in one week?: A Kvetch

I am only taking two classes this semester. Why, might you ask...? This week I have to:

  • Read two more chapters of the awesome book How Our Lives Become Stories, by Paul John Eakin
  • Complete a short-answer homework on the first two chapters of the aforementioned book, which I should have had read for last week but read this weekend instead.
  • Write a short autobiographical account of a life-changing event.
  • Read an entire book: The Evolving Self, by Robert Kegan
  • Compose a class presentation, teaching the material covered in Kegan's book
  • Read chapters 5-7 of Peter Berger's seminal work, The Sacred Canopy
  • Finish reading chapter eight of Meredith McGuire's text on Sociology of Religion
  • Read other assorted articles for the Sociology class
  • Compose (if I have the time) a 4-6 page paper on a sociological concept (I've chosen "bad faith"), so that I don't have to write another paper during the Jewish holidays of the next month
OK--I've started three of the items on the list. And I've known about the deadlines for two-and-a-half weeks. But still... ARGH!!!! I can't figure out which life event to write about, and I missed class this morning because my intestines are staging a rebellion of some sort without letting me know what will appease them.

Luckily, I already have the material for this week's class for the 10th graders (we'll be covering Jewish views on the death penalty). However, I do still have to prep for the Liturgy class tomorrow.

Gotta get back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home